If you are a practitioner like me remember
A Good Econometrician
· Always checks for MISSING Values
· Always checks PROC FREQ and PROC MEANS of generated DATA
· Always asks himself how he can interpret the RESULT
· Always looks for DIAGNOSIS
· Always communicates his finding accurately, no matter the deviation
· Always is eager to back on track, and correct the model
· Never trusts the first output
· Never trusts unchecked numbers!
and he remembers he still could be wrong! welcome to the world of econometrics!